I had no idea of the wealth of small businesses in Ireland catering for the pregnancy and baby market. It is astonishing! I have been lucky enough to have met some of these amazing women who offer great products for this market and here are some of my favourites (click on the name to get you to their websites):
1) Me Mamma B - this fabulous business presents you with the most stylish and glamorous collection of must have maternity items by popular American brand Baby Be Mine, that every modern women needs in her hospital bag! These include the famous "Gownies" that you would have seen in many a celebs pre- and post-birth photos!
2) Quaint Baby - Bespoke Baby Ultrasound Art - I was lucky enough at the most recent Pregnancy & Baby Fair in the RDS to be in the stall next to Quaint Baby. I had never heard of the concept before and was blown away by both the whole idea of it as well as by Laura herself. Basically, you provide Laura with your scan photo and she does her interpretation of it in a painting. Check out her website to see for yourself!
3) Pretty Bowtique - Samantha, the owner of this cool business is a fellow-Acorn (a government initiative which sponsors female entrepreneurs in rural areas) and she makes handmade hair accessories and personalised pieces. Her prices are excellent and it is well worth checking out for any of you expecting a girl or who already have your little princess!
4) Mama Smartz - now this is a really cool idea! Hands On Magnets help stop your kids from wandering away from the car – every parent’s nightmare. If you want unloading your kids from the car to be less stressful and chaotic, and more calm and predictable, then you need Hands On Magnets. For when your babies get to toddler stage (and beyond!).
5) Rúna Baby - this is a fab family run business selling stylish yet functional organic bandana bibs and long sleeved feeding bibs. Getting a great reaction since it launched and excellent price point!